Leading Edge Technology
The Orthopedic and Spine Institute at Northern Westchester Hospital (NWH) offers you the latest orthopedic treatment and technology. We’re passionate about striving to improve the services we deliver and keeping abreast of the latest orthopedic technologies and procedures that can help you.
The most current minimally invasive and arthroscopic techniques are central to our program, and our orthopedic surgeons are involved in clinical research to better understand which treatments yield the best results for you.
- Bio-absorbable implants for sports medicine surgery– These are usually constructed of plastic and they are designed to be absorbed by the body without producing an immune response. In addition, the newer bio-compatible products don’t require the use of cement when they are inserted. They are engineered so they lock into place, and the bone will actually grow into the prostheses
- Anterior Hip Replacement – the most advanced approach to hip replacement surgery
- Advanced comprehensive imaging tools aid in diagnosis: MRI, PET, CT, 3D ultrasound and digital X-rays
- NWH’s Radiology Department is accredited by the American College of Radiology, ensuring you that the facility, equipment, and personnel have met the highest nationally accepted standards when it comes to performing and interpreting medical images and that the equipment and the facility meets, or exceeds, quality assurance and safety guidelines
- Electronic Medical Records – advances patient safety and efficiency by automating physician order entry, nursing documentation and bedside medication verification, while creating an electronic medical record
- Medication verification system ensures patient safety
- Computer screens in your room enables the treatment team—including you and your family—to review imaging results, lab work, and other information at your bedside
We are continuously involved in testing a number of different knee and hip replacement prostheses to ensure we can provide patients access to the best orthopedic treatment and technology to increase the quality of their lives.
We use a process which incorporates outcomes data to enable key decision makers from the medical and administrative teams to make determinations quickly and efficiently. We implement new technology only if it benefits patients, provides better outcomes, and has been thoroughly tested and analyzed.
Visit our Clinical Trials Program at www.nwhc.net/clinicaltrials to find out about clinical trials for orthopedic studies and clinical trials for neuroscience or spine studies that you can participate in at NWH in Westchester.
For more information on Northern Westchester Hospital’s commitment to the best orthopedic treatment and technology please call 914.666.1499.