Education and Events
At the Orthopedic and Spine Institute at Northern Westchester Hospital (NWH), we see the importance of proper patient education. We offer pre-surgery classes for patients undergoing spine surgery or total joint replacement. Our classes will help you prepare for your surgery and know what to expect. To view and register for upcoming classes, please visit our class schedule.
We've also compiled general information you may find helpful in preparing for your upcoming surgery. Click here to download and print.
This booklet will provide you with information about:
- what you can do to prepare before you come to the hospital,
- how to prepare your home, and
- what to expect in the hospital
NWH also offers a variety of classes, activities and events for the community such as:
- Breast Cancer Support Groups
- Bereavement Support Groups
- Health and Wellness Activities
- Prepared Childbirth Classes
- Free Health Screenings
- And much more!
To learn more, visit the hospital's calendar of community events.
Or if you want additional information about patient education at NWH please call 914.666.1499.